For international students
The Career Day at UiT is a yearly event where student can get in touch with companies and organizations. Students can also participate in CV-courses, interview training and meetings with professional career advisors.
|10.00 - 14.00||Stands||Exhibition area: Solhallen, Stornhallen and HSL|
|10.00 - 14.00||
|10.30 - 13.30||Presentations of corporations||
Auditorium 1 (Teo)
Auditoriom 2 (Teo)
11.00 - 11.30
13.00 - 13.30
|12.30 - 14.00||Speed-meetings||
C-1002, C-1003, C-1004, C-1005
Will be avaliable soon. Click here to see list of participating organizations.
60 organizations are participating this years career day. Here you will find more information about each of them, and their location.
The career workshopThe career workshop gives you the opportunity to talk to professional career advisors, get help with creating a good CV, practicing job interviews, and take skills test. The career workshop is in the E-area on the HSL-building.
What opportunities do I have in the labor market after graduation? Have I chosen the right education? Career Troms offers career talks (about 20 min.) For all students between. 10:00 -14: 00. Here you get the opportunity to talk to professional career guides. The career chat will take place on E-0104.
Manpower offers CV courses for students at. 11:00 -11: 30 and at. 1:00 p.m. -13: 30. How should a CV look and what should it contain? In addition, you get good tips when it comes to the interview process. The CV courses will take place in room E-0101.
Adecco offers interview training for students from 8 pm. 10:00 -14: 00. What questions can you expect in an interview? How should you answer difficult questions? Can you keep your nerves in check? Meet up on E-0103 to get interview training with one of Adeco's professional recruiters.
Jobzone offers skill tests for the students from the test supplier Cut-e from kl. 10:00 -14: 00. The tests are Veritas certified. Skill and skill tests are useful when you want to predict your future job success and you will be able to use the test results to find your strengths and weaknesses. The tests take place on the computer room E-0102.
We offer photography from. 10:00 - 14:00, where you can come and take a professional portrait picture that you can use for your CV and LinkedIn profile. CV photo works as a drop-in, so it's only up to E-0105.
Speed meetings is a meeting place for students and corporations. The attending corporations usually have a desire to hire someone in the near future, or during the next year. As a student you therefore have an opportunity to meet someone who is looking for you! A meeting lasts for 8 minutes, and you can meet as many corporations as you want.
The companies will receive a registration list on stand, so that students can sign up with them during the day. The speed meetings begin at 12.30 and will go on until 14.00. Speed meetings will take place in the C-area at HSL.
Businesses attending speed-meetings:
- Tromsø municipality
- Facility management
- Norwegian petroleum directorate
10 tips on how to get most out of the Career Day
- Check out which corporations that are coming to the event, and mark those you want to meet.
- Prepare a pitch - who are you, and what can you help them with if they hire you.
- Handshake and smile!
- Have your CV ready and bring it with you to the stands! If you want feedback on it you can also go to the career workshop to get some professional advice.
- Prepare questions to those you want to meet.
- Do you want to cooperate with an organization when you write your final thesis? This is a great opportunity to find your match.
- Learn more about the attending corporations by listening to their presentations.
- Sign up for a speed meeting if you want to get to know a representative from a corporation.
- Use the career workshop - go to the CV-course, interview training and test your skills.
- Follow up on those you met on the Career day so that they remember you!
The career workshop
10 tips on how to get most out of the career day